Welcome! I’m so excited you’re here at Pigpens, Pencils, & Peace!
Hi! My name is Jennifer, and I can’t wait to help you find all you need to discover the joy that hides in the jumble of this life. From homemaking and home-education to relationships and self-care, you’ll discover the methods that make life work best for YOUR family and leave you with the peaceful, happy life you’ve been looking for.
I spent a large portion of my growing up years with a woman who lost herself in the mess of it all. She got so wrapped up in her perfectionism that she forgot why she had chosen to stay at home in the first place. It made her and the rest of us miserable. It kept her from being the woman she longed to be. I don’t want to let that to happen to me, and I know you don’t want that for your family either.
I’ve had the opportunity to live this mom-life in so many different ways and places that I’m certain I can help you find the gifts in your circumstances and make the most of what you’ve got.
- After graduating from the US Naval Academy and an early end to my naval career, I adjusted to being a SAHM while my husband found his place in the civilian sector.
- I’ve lived in 14 different homes in 8 different states since 1997.
- I worked 2 jobs to help support our family while my husband went to seminary.
- I’ve been a pastor’s wife since 2006 managing the stress and financial issues common to ministry while learning more about God than I could’ve imagined possible.
- I’ve had 5 children and lost 1 to miscarriage.
- I’ve successfully home-schooled for more than 13 years in 5 different states, taught preschool Sunday School, and led Vacation Bible School.
- I’m navigating the world of special needs with several children with ADHD and one with a permanent physical disability and other medical complications.
- I’ve come out of the darkness of depression and anxiety and have learned to manage my emotions to live a better life.
- I love acting, singing, crafting, gardening, and solving problems.
I haven’t done any of these things perfectly. There have been many bumps in the road that left me flat on my face, but I’ve learned from them all and want to share that knowledge with you to make your road a little easier.
So, welcome! Fix a warm cup of something, grab the squashy chair, and talk to me!
What can I do for you? How can I help you find the joy in your jumble?
I don’t mind! That’s what I’m here for!